Sunday 31 March 2013

Autumn Tree by Nikisha

AUTUMN TREE

I was watching the birds splashing in the wooden, moss-covered bird bath, fluttering like small kids at the beach. When the birds flew away startled, I noticed a mysterious cat sitting up in the oldest autumn tree with motley,  orange leaves above me. It hardly moved, it was looking down at me, watching without blinking with cold hearted eyes, two glowing lights amongst its black fur. Suddenly, there was a loud CRACK! The old autumn tree split in half, as the two halves separated, I could see was a cold dark stair case leading downwards into the earth.


1 comment:

  1. Mrs Fraser - I really like how you have used WOW words here. You described the bird bath and birds beautifully. You certainly painted a picture in my mind.

    ReplyDelete